Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summertime Motivation

Today in Washington State is a beautiful day - the sun is shining, the birds are singing, there's a cool breeze and warm weather is predicted for the next few days. Looking out my window, I see the wind blowing through the trees and my flowers reaching for the sunlight from my deck. When it is so beautiful outside, how can I work? How do I get motivated? On days like today, it's tough. I'd rather read a book, go for a walk or nap outside...but I have assignments to fulfill and clients to contact. After returning from my workout and a short walk, I made a brief "to do" list of things that must get done today without fail. After each one, I'll take a 15 minute break outside. For lunch, I'll make myself a picnic lunch and squeeze in a few chapters of the book I just started reading. Then I'll head back inside to finish my "to do" list for the day. If all goes well, I'll finish in time to enjoy the evening outside. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the sights and sounds of summer from my office window.

How will you motivate yourself today?

Virtually Yourz,

Dana

No comments: