Sunday, April 12, 2009

Learning Twitter & The Golden Rules

I find this blog posting this morning via Twitter. It shares with users the Golden Rules of Twitter. Here are a few quick tips. Please read the full article for a better explanation.

1) You must follow those who follow you.

2) Use hashtags (#hashtags) to make your subject matter easier to follow. For example, if I post something about marketing, I would include "#marketing" in my post so it is easier to find for those who search by topic.

3) Reply: a normal Tweet goes to all of your followers; Retweet (RT): goes to all of your followers but is easier for the intended recipient to find; Direct Mail (DM): private email and the author of the original blog post discourages DMs.

4) Whale: A whale is the Twitter nickname for someone with more than 10,000 followers.




Virtually Yourz,
Dana Neuts

Follow me on Twitter: VirtuallyYourz

No comments: