I love Marketing.About.com. It's a great resource for all kinds of ideas for every kind of business. Here's a great article I found by Ann Marie Rubertone: 10 Powerful Tips for Marketing Your Small Business.
1. Print your best small ad on a postcard and mail it to prospects in your targeted market.
2. No single marketing effort works all the time for every business, so rotate several marketing tactics and vary your approach.
3. Use cross promotion to market your business.
4. Answer your phone in a new way.
5. Add stickers and handwritten notes to your print materials.
6. Send a second offer immediately to first-time customers.
7. Use newsletters to focus your marketing on repeat business.
8. Host events.
9. Exchange services.
10. Enclose special offers and promotions in your outgoing mail.
Read the full article here.