Monday, December 22, 2008

Five Free Marketing Tips

With the sad state of our economy, it is important for all of us to reduce expenses and conserve cash flow. Here are some free, easy-to-implement marketing ideas that you can use today to promote your business.

1) Add a special offer or call to action to your e-mail signature. For example: "Ask me about my December marketing special." "Our new widgets are flying off the shelves. Reserve yours today!" "Sign up for my e-mail newsletter and I'll send you my free report on Top 10 Ways to Promote Your Business Under $50." "There's still time to shop for Christmas. Stop in today!"

2) Add the same offer to your voice mail message. Make it short and sweet, so your message doesn't drag on for too long.

3) Volunteer for your favorite nonprofit, school or church. You will feel good about serving your community, make new friends and potential business contacts.

4) Offer to speak at an upcoming meeting or event, or teach a workshop or seminar for free. This is a great way to showcase yourself and to leave a lasting impression.

5) Create a free blog to share your insight and expertise. People love getting things for free, and you can position yourself as an expert.

Do you have a favorite free marketing idea to share? If so, post as a comment or e-mail it to me and I'll post.

Virtually Yourz,
Dana Blozis

No comments: