Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A successful business requires balance

I am getting married this weekend and, in the weeks and months leading up to this moment, I have rediscovered an obvious truth - to be successful, my life requires balance - a fact I often overlook or ignore. To be my most productive, I am implementing these steps so my business can continue to be successful, and I can reduce my stress level of trying so hard to please everyone:

1) Take 2 days off per week.
2) Make time for myself daily - proper nutrition, exercise, relaxation.
3) Make time for my family every evening and weekend.
4) Set more realistic expectations about what I can accomplish in any given day.
5) Reduce interruptions such as phone calls, e-mail checking and social media interaction.

These are guidelines I should implement already, but that I often ignore in my fury to get work done. I have found that following these rules more strictly, however, causes me to be more productive and more creative - a bonus for me and my clients!

What are some of your productivity rules?

Virtually Yourz,
Dana Blozis

No comments: