So you've finally started that blog you've always wanted. You have the occasional reader, but not the type of traffic you'd hoped for. There's a quick fix for that - promote your blog. Here are seven free ways to do that with little or no cost to you except for, of course, your time.
1. Twitter - Tweet your latest blog posting on Twitter.
2. Facebook - Link to your latest blog posting on Facebook or, better yet, create a business page and automatically link it to Facebook so it updates whenever your blog does.
3. Linked In - If you have a profile on Linked In, you can also have your profile automatically updated with your latest blog postings.
4. Biznik.com - Add your blog address to your Biznik profile.
5. E-mail signature - Add your blog address to your e-mail signature.
6. Marketing materials - The next time you update your marketing materials (biz cards, letterhead, brochure, etc.), be sure to include your blog address.
7. Encourage comments - On one of my blogs (http://www.ilovekent.net), I offer a monthly drawing for three $10 Kent Station gift cards for qualifying posts. Winners are chosen randomly from those who post each month.
Follow me on Twitter: VirtuallyYourz
Find me on Facebook, Biznik and LinkedIn